←  Trying to Conceive

Essential Baby

»
Advertisement

**TTC May 2019**

Peebs's Photo Peebs 29 Apr 2019

Hi all,

Thought I would kick off the May thread for us, can't believe it's almost May already!!

17th Cycle TTC #1 for me.  Really hoping to be able to join a DIG Forum soon! 1dpo today, we did all we could with regards to timing this month so we'll see how it goes.  Won't test until about the 10th May (12dpo)

Also my first month on Chinese Herbs from my Acupuncturist and incorporating Ubiquinol into my supps.  DH and I are also trying no sugar, no gluten and no alcohol this cycle too.  Getting desperate lol

Best of luck to all you lovely ladies this month, hoping we can get lots of BFPs! xx

CamemBear's Photo CamemBear 29 Apr 2019

I'm back too. 5th month TTC #2. I'm trying OPKs for the first time this month, so fingers crossed.

Peebs, I really hope this is your month!

BabyBlessed#4's Photo BabyBlessed#4 29 Apr 2019

I’m here... due to O in the next few days!
Got my second flashing smiley today...
Scan with my FS today to see how many follicles I have!
I am on 12.5mg of Letrozole so hoping to see atleast 2 good ones...

BeachesBaby's Photo BeachesBaby 29 Apr 2019

Thanks Peebs for kicking it off. I’m 4 weeks post d&c today and finally have only a faint line on my FRER, which if I was testing for a BFP I’d wonder if it was a chemical, so I’m hoping with everything I have that it means I’m only a few days away from stark white negative.

It’s so, so strange to wish for a negative test, but it’s also terribly disappointing and the worst reminder every day that while I’m not pregnant, if I got into an accident and was rushed to the ER, they’d do a test and think I was pregnant and might not do surgery because of it (and yes these are the random things I think about when I’m in this terrible purgatory of not actually being pregnant and not knowing when we can try to be again, I’m a huge weirdo but already know that).

So my only hope for May is to get AF as soon as possible, and then to ovulate at some point not too long following, so we can transfer again and actually be back on the ttc train.

onetrick's Photo onetrick 29 Apr 2019

Oh, I can join this one! DS is one today, and we agreed to start trying for #2 when he turned 1... so here I am! AF is due at the end of this week, so it will be a while before we get any result, but i look forward to getting to know you all in here :)
Good luck for all of those nearing O, and fingers crossed for those in the tww.

CamemBear's Photo CamemBear 29 Apr 2019

Welcome onetrick. Happy birthday to your little boy and congratulations on making it through the first year!

BabyBlessed, I really hope this month is the one for you! Let us know how your scan goes today :)

Beaches, I understand how you feel. After my m/c I couldn't wait for that stupid second line to disappear and then for AF to return so we could get on with it. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

AFM, I'm cycle day 11 and hoping to get that smiley face soon. I've had shorter (26 day) cycles than usual so must have been O-ing earlier than I thought. I think DH and I are just going to BD every couple of days over the next week just to be sure!

Nat2910's Photo Nat2910 29 Apr 2019

Welcome one trick!

Ttc#1 for just over 12 months. This will be my first OI medicated cycle after 6+ anovulatory months to address diagnosed lean pcos, so fingers crossed I O over the next week. Bloods should confirm whether it happened or not after day 20, if not back to the FS for review of medication.

Good luck to everyone this month!

Just popping back in to say I have just had my scan & we have 3 nice big follicles!
Have decided not to do a Trigger injection this month...
So I should O Wed or Thursday!

#YKG's Photo #YKG 29 Apr 2019

I’m here and frustrated. Cycle 4 or 5 here.

I’m frustrated, all my opk’s over last week have been flashing smiley since Wednesday, previous ones blank circle, but FF is insisting I O’d on Friday, I did 3 OPK’s on Friday (been doing 3 daily), so morning , afternoon & before I go to bed at night, all flashing, non solid. I’m confused, I haven’t had any EWCM only creamy and sticky, I always get EWCM for 3 days before O. Could FF be wrong? My temps look pretty normal and not jumped.
Due to holiday breaks and word no BD since before AF last cycle, I’m going to be so annoyed if stuffed up this cycle.

Bumbleflop's Photo Bumbleflop 29 Apr 2019

Back here again...almost at the big 30 I think?! Just as horrible being at cycle number 30 as it was having my 30th birthday.
This cycle was supposed to be gluten and dairy free and being really good but it started badly and went out the window. Hoping there won’t be another month but if there is then I’ll try harder then! Had the flashing smiley this morning so it’s on like donkey Kong! ;)

Random Question... can you BD too much in your fertile window? I am super horny & wanting it like 2-3 times a day... which is happy to oblige! LOL... but worried it will affect our chances in a bad way!

#YKG's Photo #YKG 29 Apr 2019

View PostBabyBlessed#4, on 29 April 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Random Question... can you BD too much in your fertile window? I am super horny & wanting it like 2-3 times a day... which is happy to oblige! LOL... but worried it will affect our chances in a bad way!

It’ll mean that from 1st to 2nd/3rd there will be less healthy/viable sperm. The largest and healthiest sets off on first go, then drops off with every go after. It takes approx 24 hours for sperm to replenish, it’s why it’s suggested to bd once every two days or once a day. It’s not necessarily bad to bd multiple times a day, but won’t increase chances of success and might run the risk of not enough healthy viable sperm as hasn’t had enough time to “restock”.

Hmmm that’s what I thought 😫😫😫 LOL...

JomoMum's Photo JomoMum 30 Apr 2019

Baby blessed I’ve never really understood the theory that you can have too much sex .. so you can wait a day to have, for example, 200million sperm, or go twice a day with only 100million sperm each?

The result is the same amount of sperm at the end of the day. And they should all be healthier as a result. Anything more than 3 or so days and they start to die off anyway.

Have you watched the Great Sperm Race? It’s so interesting.

FWIW, I O’d on cd 18, and we dtd 1 x cd16, 2 x cd17, 2 x cd18, 1 x cd19. Like you, my sex drive was way more than usual.

There is also a theory discussed on the documentary about conception being more successful when the male, more specifically, is more excited. Something about drawing sperm from further back and ej with more force. Let’s assume if you’re more excited, he will be too :)

EmmaFY's Photo EmmaFY 30 Apr 2019

View PostCamemBear, on 29 April 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

I'm back too. 5th month TTC #2. I'm trying OPKs for the first time this month, so fingers crossed.

Peebs, I really hope this is your month!
Same boat as me! 5th month TTC #2! Good luck Camembear!

BabyBlessed#4's Photo BabyBlessed#4 30 Apr 2019

JomoMum... I will look up that documentary & watch it today!
I am lucky my partner has always got a huge sex drive... he is seriously like a 16yo LOL!
Even though we DTD twice last night he still woke up this morning rip roaring & ready to go LOL...
Apparently it’s a Greek thing!
We have always stuck to once a day but figure this cycle we will change things up a bit... we don’t have the kids this week so have the house to ourselves so having some ‘FUN’ with it all this month!
Plus no trigger & I have 3 follicles ready to go...
So hoping it’s the perfect storm & thins happen this month for us!

Have just done my OPK & still a flashing smiley... FS said he thinks I should O tomorrow so far Eve seems to be on track!

BabyBlessed#4's Photo BabyBlessed#4 30 Apr 2019

Have done another OPK tonight... still Flashing Smiley! So will BD again tonight, tomorrow morning & tomorrow night... FS thinks I should O tomorrow so will keep BD’ing & keep testing till we get a solid smiley!
Feeling super positive this month... especially now that I am letting my body O be n it’s own & not forcing it with the Trigger!

Keepswimming's Photo Keepswimming 01 May 2019

I'm going to add myself to your group. We've finally agreed to try for no. 2 it's been 8 years and I'm 39 so hopefully I haven't left it too late. I'm 7dpo on our first month of trying. Will test in a few days. Here's hoping.

JC 22's Photo JC 22 01 May 2019

I’m also still here on month 17 ttc had a Mc in February and now on CD 7 waiting on O had reflexology on CD 4 so feeling positive🤞.. Good luck everyone xx

Welcome Keepswimming, I’m 38 next month so I get how you feel about leaving it to late it just adds a little more pressure 🤞 May is a lucky month x

moineau's Photo moineau 01 May 2019

I'm going to join in too if that is okay.

We are on our 14th cycle of TTC.

This is the first cycle I have started tracking ovulation though. We were trying to take a more relaxed approach but I have irregular cycles (only since coming off the pill)

So I've been temping this month to try and pinpoint O a bit more accurately as the "am I late or is it just a long cycle" guessing game has really taken it's toll emotionally.

Today is CD 14 for me and when I checked this morning I am on an EWCM day, but my temps have been all over the place.

We aren't doing OPK's because I don't want to feel the pressure to DTD if I really don't want to, plus I find them extremely ambiguous.

*fingers crossed*

Veryclucky's Photo Veryclucky 01 May 2019

Good luck everybody.

I am currently waiting for my blood test results after doing letrozole and injections on a monitored cycle. 2 weeks past trigger shot today.

I POAS this morning which was negative but it wasn't a FRER just a cheapie and no sign of AF yet so fingers crossed but I don't feel as confident as I did last time.

This is my first treatment cycle TTC#3 but have been semi-actively trying for a year or so and not preventing prior to that. #2 is 2 at end of July and she was conceived first cycle of clomid so hoping to repeat that result.

rowd's Photo rowd 01 May 2019

Hi all, I'm jumping in here to say hi. We are currently TTC #3. I'm still breastfeeding #2 and my cycle at this point is very irregular, so no idea when to test. None of the OPKs I've done have been positive, so don't know if I've O'd this cycle or not... anyway will keep trying!

Pal30's Photo Pal30 01 May 2019

Welcome Moineau, keepswimming and veryclucky.

Veryclucky we are ttc no 3 as well :) been trying since Jan last year. My older two are 6 and 3 so hoping it happens soon!

Good luck.

Terfl's Photo Terfl 01 May 2019

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd dip in here again.

We've been TTC #2 on and off since September. I've had 2 chemicals and we've laid low the last couple of months but are determined to give it a proper shot this month. I'm on CD15 and usually I ovulate around this time but last month it was CD20! We DTD every day since Saturday (been having EWCM since then too) and will keep doing it until I O'd. I usually get very distinctive O pains but nothing yet.. My OPK is still blank but I mistakenly bought the wrong kind - without the flashing phase.
DH's sex drive isn't great and my biggest hurdle is always getting him in the mood but he's committed so that's something. DS is 2 in June (conceived at second try - first try was a MC) and I'm 40, so age is definitely not on my side and the chemicals probably mean my eggs aren't great...
Wishing everyone good luck for this month!

BabyBlessed#4's Photo BabyBlessed#4 01 May 2019

Welcome to all the Newbies...

I am CD13 today... still getting Flashing Smileys!
FS said he predicted I would Ovulate today but doesn’t look like it... this is why I want to O spontaneously this cycle instead of the Trigger! He had me triggering on CD11 which means I was O’ing on CD13 & I honestly think my eggs weren’t ready by then!

So will keep BD’ing & Testing till we get a solid smiley...

Does anyone know if I can use test strips from last months CB Dogital OPK in this months holder/reader thingy? I’m testing Day & night & I will run out very soon...
Advertisement