**TTC May 2019**

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#26 BossBaby's Mum

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

Babyblessed, I don't see why you won't be able to use them, as long as they have not been previously used...:)

I'm constantly running out of them....It's become a pricey addiction haha....

As for me, CD 22. don't think I have o'd yet (ran out of opks yesterday... need to buy some more). Have been feeling a bit under the weather, with sore throat and a low grade fever on and off the last few days..... Hubby's not feeling too well either... so not sure if we'd be able to bd the next few days.... Just as I'm starting to get EWCM...... lovely! :/

#27 Peebs

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

Babyblessed yes you can definitely use the test strips as long as they haven't been used previously.  I always use whichever reader that I can find that cycle (including old ones) and there's never been an issue.  I believe the reader essentially re-starts after you get your solid.  It definitely wouldn't matter with the test strips you insert.

Welcome to all the newbies!  Hope your stay here is short :)

AFM, 3dpo.  Waiting, waiting waiting....

#28 JomoMum

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

I hope it’s ok to offer .. I have about 50 IC OPKs that I won’t use, would anyone like them? I found them to be very accurate and clear.

Happy to post them to anyone in Aus if you you’re happy to pm an address x

#29 #YKG

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Babyblessed I only have opened and used one holder in my digital, all others still in their package. After not in use for a week I think the next test will reset the baseline for that month/cycle. I’ve used the pink ones in the purple holder before and worked fine.

#30 Gaby 40

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Hi everyone,

We've been TTC since July '18 with no luck and given my age have started down the IVF path.  My first cycle started this month with 8 fertilised eggs (today is day 2) but my uterus had fluid in it and the FS recommended a freeze all cycle.  On top of that I had a hysteroscopy and D&C which has given me an infection of some kind and now feel terrible.  

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all.

Goodluck to everyone on this roller coaster journey.

#31 BeachesBaby

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

I finally got a “not pregnant” on the clearblue with weekly indicator digital yesterday. My FRERs are still showing the faintest of lines, which means my hcg is somewhere between 5-10, so I’m calling it negative, since the ICs and digital are now negative. So 4 weeks, 2 days post d&c. It’s just all so exhausting, I just want af again so we can move onto our next transfer.
I’ve also out of nowhere picked up 2.5kgs, and I mean nowhere. I have been eating exactly the same, and have always been working out, and the scale just keeps going up. Apparently it can happen after Mc because your body still thinks it’s pregnant and is putting on weight, but now that my hcg is so low I figured it would have come back down, yet after a week of eating really well and starting the F45 challenge (intense daily workouts), I literally haven’t lost even 100g. So on top of feeling absolute crap because of losing our baby, still reading pregnant, and not knowing when we can try again, I also feel heavy and like the weight will never shift. Just a really crappy day, sorry for the vent.

Edited by BeachesBaby, 02 May 2019 - 09:12 AM.

#32 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Oh Beaches... I am so glad to see the HCG looks to finally be out of your system!
I hear ya on the weight thing... I have been on Letrozole for 6 months & have gained 6kgs in that time!
I have gastric sleeve & work out regularly so there is no way I can be putting on this weight so it has to be hormonal! 😫😫😫

So after a busy start of the week BD’ing poor DF seems to have hit a wall & as of last night (CD13) I was still getting flashing smiley faces!
We have BD’d yesterday morning & this morning but not at night also like we had planned! And for the first time ever in our relationship it feels like work & I hate it! We have always had the most amazing chemistry in the bedroom & this past 3 days we seem to have lost it & im blaming myself because of the hormones, the pressure of TTC & the fact I feel super fat & chunky with this extra weight!
I feel like absolute crap & considering spending all day today in bed 😔

#33 moineau

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Oh Beachesbaby.... I feel for you, I really do. What a crappy scenario.

Give yourself a break, it's only 2.5kgs, your body just needs to do its thing, stressing about it isn't going to do anyone any favours. Every day toward a goal is progress XX take care of yourself.

I tried to BD last night but DH was too tired, then I work tonight and I am definitely in my EWCM stage and think we might miss the boat (again) we BD'd on CD 8, twice on CD11, and 12.

Hopefully we can squeeze another one or two in tomorrow morning and night. My temps haven't started rising yet (dipped this morning). I have irregular cycles though and only just started tracking BBT so I don't actually know what that means yet.

I scenarios in my brain are:
This will be a longer cycle being that my temps say that I haven't O'd yet.
OR: If it is a shorter cycle my LP is short
OR: I'm not ovulating (but I am getting EWCM, can that be a thing!? I don't even know)

#34 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

Got up & done my CB digital & we finally have a SOLID SMILEY! Woohooooo....
So since this is my first month O’ing naturally... does that now mean I will Ovulate today???
I got a flashing smiley at 10pm last night & solid at 10am today....
So when do you think I will O?

#35 Terfl

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Hi BabyBlessed, I think on the pack it says you ovulate about 24-48 hours after you get the solid smiley.
I had a solid smiley last night but haven't had any O-pain yet. I get those really strong cramps that leave no doubt about what's happening.
This was my first month testing at night, usually I just do mornings. When I had the solid smiley in the morning, I usually get O-pains that afternoon or night. But in saying that, they don't really know when in relation to the pain the actual ovulation happens. Could be before/during/after..

#36 Pal30

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:31 PM

Good luck everyone, ill be having a break from ttc forums.

Hope all your dreams come true.

#37 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

Good Luck with everything Pal30.... 😘

#38 JC 22

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Same to you Pal30 hope your wishes come true xx

I’m in a dark place today feeling very low, a girl I no has just announced she’s 20 weeks pregnant witch is great because she’s amazing and has had such a hard few years are little boys died the same year as my wee boy, just wish I was joining her with or rainbow babies 😢

On a better note I’m CD 9 dtd cd 6 and 8 then will tomorrow as well sometimes I think we do to much to soon so the plan is every other day on till Opk’s get darker.. xx

Edited by JC 22, 03 May 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#39 rowd

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:55 AM

Good luck Pal, I hope you feel at peace with whatever you decide.

Sorry to hear that JC, that's a tough situation to be in. My daughter died when she was 14 months old and I find it very hard to be around people who are pregnant or who have little girls.

Edited by rowd, 03 May 2019 - 05:56 AM.

#40 JC 22

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

So sorry to hear that rowd 💔 my heart go out to you,  I only had 6 weeks with my we man but miss him so much can’t imagine what you hav been through xx

#41 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

Question... if I got my SOLID smiley at 10am yesterday (CD14) does that mean I am 1DPO today (CD15) or tomorrow (CD16)?

Sorry if this is a silly question.... first time O’ing naturally on Letrozole so kinda still figuring it all out!

As for BD’ing I think we got our bases covered... yesterday morning & last night & probably tonight for good measure 😊 then the dreaded 2WW begins.... atleast this time no false positives!

#42 rowd

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss too JC. It's heartbreaking and the missing is so intense. I hope your rainbow is very close xx

#43 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

I can’t believe 3 of us in here have lost a child....

I lost my Jack in 2007, he was 26 days old 😢

After all these years it still hurts & I still miss him every single day....

❤️ To JC & Rowd

#44 moineau

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

I lost a son back in 2010 as well.

Had my DD in 2011 with my ex husband.

Now we are TTC our #1 together.

However, I don't think I am ovulating - I'm on CD16, I had EWCM the past 3 days but no temp shift - But today CM is moving to a creamier consistency..

CD10 36.2
CD11 36.7
CD12 Didn't temp as I was up a lot saving my cats from killing each other. (a**holes)
CD13 36.3
CD14 36.7
CD15  36.4
CD16 (today) 36.4

Hmm...

#45 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:00 AM

Moineau - I’m also TTC our #1 - Can’t wait to make my DF a Daddy! Even though he already considers himself my older 3’s Dad....

Unfortunately I’m not good with temps... sorry I can’t help!
I use OPKs...
I got a Solid Smiley Face yesterday & also a Positive on an IC OPK... this morning the IC OPK is most definitely a NEGATIVE!
I am
CD 15 today & I have been having EWCM since Monday...  but went creamier yesterday!

Not sure if any of this info helps...

#46 Veryclucky

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Sorry to hear of the losses ladies. I can't imagine that pain. Hopefully all of you will have some luck soon with a rainbow baby.

Sorry, I haven't managed to keep up with the comments this week. We are moving house so I'm not getting much downtime between that, kids and work.

My blood test was negative on Wednesday and period started yesterday so back on the letrozole as of today to try again.

#47 mama_j

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

View PostPeebs, on 29 April 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

Hi all,

Thought I would kick off the May thread for us, can't believe it's almost May already!!

17th Cycle TTC #1 for me.  Really hoping to be able to join a DIG Forum soon! 1dpo today, we did all we could with regards to timing this month so we'll see how it goes.  Won't test until about the 10th May (12dpo)

Also my first month on Chinese Herbs from my Acupuncturist and incorporating Ubiquinol into my supps.  DH and I are also trying no sugar, no gluten and no alcohol this cycle too.  Getting desperate lol

Best of luck to all you lovely ladies this month, hoping we can get lots of BFPs! xx

Peebs I really hope this is your month!!!
We got our first BFP first month using Ubiquinol!!!!

#48 BabyBlessed#4

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

I just googled Ubiquinol... I am currently taking normal CoQ10 so wondering if I should change over to this instead?

#49 rowd

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

Sorry to take over the thread but I am so sorry to hear of all the losses. It is a terrible thing to go through. I hope this year brings a rainbow to us all.

#50 *Peony*

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

Hi everyone! I’m still here! Nothing happening! Supposedly in fertile window. Made a doctors appointment for next week because I’m over it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.