←  What Do You Think?

Essential Baby

»
Advertisement

WWYD - lamb cutlets!

Lady Gray's Photo Lady Gray 14 Jun 2019

If I bought some fiendishly expensive lamb cutlets on Wednesday afternoon and had them marinating until today but it looks my husband wont be home until tomorrow would you put them in the freezer or keep the in the fridge until tomorrow?  

Or is it already too late and I should throw them out?

ETA-  if it matters I’ve been sick for months and have only just started feeling better so do not want to risk eating spoiled meat!!
Edited by Lady Gray, 14 June 2019 - 05:21 PM.

Jane Jetson's Photo Jane Jetson 14 Jun 2019

I'd just cook 'em and eat 'em tonight to be honest. All the more for you if he's not there.

Lady Gray's Photo Lady Gray 14 Jun 2019

View PostJane Jetson, on 14 June 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

I'd just cook 'em and eat 'em tonight to be honest. All the more for you if he's not there.

I, ahem, may or may not have eaten a large bag of m&ms at the thought of solo parenting for another night with so much work to do tonight so don’t have the appetite for 12 lamb cutlets!!
Edited by Lady Gray, 14 June 2019 - 05:26 PM.

WTFancie shmancie's Photo WTFancie shmancie 14 Jun 2019

Cook 'em and eat 'em tonight.  All of 'em.

Yumm yumm!

Mrs Claus's Photo Mrs Claus 14 Jun 2019

I’d freeze them for another day

bikingbubs's Photo bikingbubs 14 Jun 2019

I would eat them all myself.

Not Escapin Xmas's Photo Not Escapin Xmas 14 Jun 2019

It's only Friday! Fresh whole red meat should last at least 4 days. So freeze or even just leave in the fridge for tomorrow.

WTFJerk's Photo WTFJerk 14 Jun 2019

Lamb cutlets are small.  Cook them, eat 6 and have the rest for breakfast

Riotproof's Photo Riotproof 14 Jun 2019

They’ll be fine tomorrow.

daybreaker's Photo daybreaker 14 Jun 2019

Cook them tonight and reheat tomorrow.

Jersey Caramel's Photo Jersey Caramel 14 Jun 2019

If they have been in the fridge the whole time,  they will be fine tomorrow.

JoanJett's Photo JoanJett 14 Jun 2019

They will be fine, particularly if the marinade contains any salt/acidic ingredients.  And perfectly delicious.

MissMilla's Photo MissMilla 14 Jun 2019

I would think they should still be good if you keep them in the fridge.

Dianalynch's Photo Dianalynch 14 Jun 2019

I would also cook tonight and eat tomorrow, you can imagine you are Nigella while grabbing a cold cutlet from the fridge and dipping it into the mustard jar

Jane Jetson's Photo Jane Jetson 14 Jun 2019

View PostLady Gray, on 14 June 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

I, ahem, may or may not have eaten a large bag of m&ms at the thought of solo parenting for another night with so much work to do tonight so don’t have the appetite for 12 lamb cutlets!!

Ah, I didn't factor in the M&M factor, and 12 is a lot even without it. Surely they'd be right for another day or two, though. Red meat lasts a few days in the fridge unless there was a large and obvious Use By involved.

Mmmm, M&Ms...

BeAwesome's Photo BeAwesome 14 Jun 2019

I'd cook all tonight, eat some, and save the rest for husband to reheat tomorrow.

Pip_longstockings's Photo Pip_longstockings 14 Jun 2019

Have a whiff. If its smells bad don't eat but I would put my money on them being OK for a few days yet if refrigerated at the right temperature. And the marinade is also likely preserving them.

QuirkyMum's Photo QuirkyMum 14 Jun 2019

Cook them through(!) tonight, enjoy as many as you can, rest goes to fridge straight away.

limakilo's Photo limakilo 14 Jun 2019

I am really funny about eating meat, and I would eat them tomorrow.
If they have been in a marinade, and covered/sealed, they should be more than fine.
If you are unsure if he is coming home tomorrow, freeze them and eat them another time.

Silverstreak's Photo Silverstreak 14 Jun 2019

Yep, I would cook them all, eat some tonight and then your DH and you can finish the rest tomorrow.

lozoodle's Photo lozoodle 14 Jun 2019

They'll be fine tomorrow!
Advertisement